FORT MYERS, Fla. (Feb. 13, 2013) – Ten additional vendors have joined the lineup of the weekly Farmer’s Market at JetBlue Park at Fenway South, the Red Sox’s 106-acre Spring Training and Player Development Complex, located at 11500 Daniels Parkway.
Every Monday afternoon from 3 to 6 p.m., Fenway South Drive in front of JetBlue Park is host to the Fenway South Farmer’s Market that includes local produce, cheeses, fresh pastas, seafood, baked breads, meats, herbs, organic vegetables, flowers, crafts, soaps, candles, ready-to-eat meals, live music and more.
Additional vendors include Red’s Fresh Seafood & Tavern, Decorative Pillows, Euro Bakery, Fenway Ball Park Food, Harley-Davidson, Honey Buns, Ice Pops, Madam Mac, Naples Bread Company, Pitatopia, Psychic chic, Scent for Sense and Crochet hats.
“The vendors are very excited to be able to utilize the space and location of JetBlue Park to promote their locally produced products and wares to neighboring communities as well as the Boston Red Sox fans,” said Betsy Ventura, who along with Jean Baer owns Local Roots, LLC and will run the market at JetBlue each Monday. “Farmer’s markets have been growing in popularity, and this is the perfect time of year to shop local in the open air and beautiful Florida sunshine.”
Ventura and Baer also operate the Lakes Park and Sanibel Farmer’s Markets.
“We are very excited that Lee County’s newest open-air market is coming to JetBlue Park,” said Katie Haas, director of Florida business operations. “This market is a great way to kick-off the Spring Training season and just another one of the unique ways Fenway South is being utilized for the Southwest Florida community.”
Anyone interested in becoming a vendor or provide live entertainment can call 239-691-9249 or email email@example.com.
The current list of 2013 vendors for the market include:
- Big Cheese – Artisan cheeses
- Blue Sky Jewelry – Hand-crafted jewelry
- Cat Paws Designs – Hand -sewn pet beds
- Crochet Hats
- Decorative Pillows – Hand-crafted SWFL design
- Dominga Flowers – Fresh-cut flowers and potted plants
- Dragon Fly Soap – Handmade soaps
- Dynasty Guacamole – Freshly made Guacamole and salsa on site
- Elfie’s Deli – German deli foods
- Ernesto and Luigi Sauces – Homemade marinara sauce and pastas
- Euro Bakery – German breads and pastries
- Farmer Mike – Bonita Springs farmer fresh fruit, veggies and flowers all locally grown
- Fenway Ball Park Food
- Frills – Jewelry, art and funky clothes
- Gallego’s Farm Fresh – Local produce
- Green Ivory – Fair trade jewelry and hand-woven market baskets
- Happy Pickle – Many verities of pickles and olives
- Harley Davidson
- Hemp Bamboo Clothing
- Heritage Honey – Local honey sold by the beekeeper
- Honey Buns – Cakes and treats
- Ice Pops – Frozen gourmet popsicles
- I love Oils – Essential oils
- Irene Veggies – Fresh produce including organics and Asian veggies
- Jadomstuff – Handmade purses made with popular vinyl records
- Joe’s Fresh Pasta – Fresh homemade pastas, calzones and empanadas
- La French Gem – Handmade Bohemian jewelry
- Madagascar Hats – Hand woven hats from Madagascar
- Madam Mac – Flavorful mac and cheese
- Magic Cauldron – Freshly popped Kettle corn and fruit smoothies
- Moringa Tea – Moringa Tea and other products made from the Moringa plant
- Naples Bread Company – breads and pastries
- Nosh Truck – Gourmet food truck serving street food.
- Paradise Gardens – Locally made jams, marmalades, hot sauces and peanut butter
- Pitatopia – Pita sandwiches made to order and salads
- Psychic Chic – Tarot card reader
- Ralph’s Seafood – Local seafood
- Red’s Fresh Seafood – Crab cakes, fried shrimp, fish and chips
- Scent for Sense – skincare products made from essential oils
- Sift Bakery – Homemade cookies, scones and biscotti
- Smoke Signals – Meats
- Terry’s Power Core – Power Core bracelets
- Two Pockets – An innovative idea created to free up your hands
- Varnuts – Cinnamon Roasted nuts
- Wissota Art – Miniature art made by a local artist
The Red Sox will host 20 games in its second year at the state-of-the-art complex. The team begins its 2013 spring game schedule on Thursday, Feb. 21, with the traditional, single-admission double-header against the Northeastern University Huskies and Boston College Eagles starting at 1:35 p.m.
The 2013 spring slate features eight scheduled night games at JetBlue, including a matchup on Tuesday, March 5, with Team Puerto Rico, which will be preparing for the third World Baseball Classic.
Fans are also welcome to attend the club’s free, open-public workouts at the Fenway South Player Development Complex before games get underway. The first full-squad workout is set for Friday, Feb. 15.